Thursday, September 8, 2011

August Circle Magazine Challenge- Cosmo Cricket


Posted by Picasa

Well I really debated about entering anything after I saw Nadia’s entry and some of the others- but one of the things I have enjoyed about the challenges is that is pushes me to do things and use things I might not always use. In this case however I must admit- Cosmo Cricket is one of my most favorite paper lines and I use them quite a lot. For this layout I used papers from the Togetherness line, I also found some old ribbon and stickers from a Cosmo Cricket kit I picked up at Tuesday Morning over a year ago.

I used the following cartridges;
Mickey’s Font for title “Tiburon”
Destinations for the word “California”, I also used the Imagine to print the papers from Mr. Frosty and Kate’s Kitchen for this part of the page. I love the way you can coordinate the papers this way.
Mother’s day Bouquet for the flowers

I used the Swirls Cuttlebug folder on some of the letters in the title and enhanced it with some chalk ink.

Although it will not win- I am very happy with the layout and really enjoyed completing it.

5 comments:

  1. You never know who is going to win! Your layout is great! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful layout! So much detail! Gret job! Good luck!
    Carolyn
    cccscraproom@windstream.net
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is fantastic and definitely something worth entering! I love the prints you used on your title and flower and your overall color palette really pops!! I love the journaling of your California adventure and your picture makes me want (ok, need) a vacation that we didn't get this summer!!
    Best wishes -- your LO should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Mickey's Font is one of my favorites, it's just so versatile :D. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used on this layout - it really helps the pictures to pop.

    Please stop by my blog; I have an award for you!
    http://addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete